How can you get involved?
There are many ways to get involved with the HBBAS and the Hanover Fair.
Here are some volunteer job descriptions to help you find the right fit!
Download our Volunteer Recruitment Package below
Fair Volunteer Positions - Help out at the Fair!
There are lots of ways to help out with our Fair, from spending just a couple of hours in the Exhibit Hall or the Children’s Tent, to becoming a member of our Fair Committee and helping with the planning and preparation throughout the year.
The following job descriptions may give you an idea of where you would like to start!
- Children’s Tent Coordinator
- Children’s Tent Attendant
- Pet Show Coordinator
- Pet Show Attendant
- Teddy Bear Picnic Coordinator
- Teddy Bear Picnic Assistant
- Ways and Means Coordinator
- Setup/Take down volunteer (Fair Roadie)
- Site maintenance volunteer
- Fair Runner
Other Volunteer Positions
There are lots of committees at work within our organization. What committee sparks your interest?
- Ambassador Committee Member
- Raceway Committee Member
- Hall Committee Member
- Finance Committee Member
- Barn Committee Member
- Scholarship Committee Member
- Governance Committee Member
Board of Directors - Terms of Reference
To influence the operations of our organization at the Board table, you may want to consider joining our Board of Directors. The Board meets on the Third Wednesday of each month at the Hanover Raceway.
Want to find out more about HBBAS and how you can get involved?
Speak to one of our Board Members or contact our Secretary/Treasurer.
We’d love to have you join us!
|1st Vice-President||Harry Martin|
|2nd Vice-President||Amanda Peckham|
|Associate Directors||Dave Peckham|
The Board of Directors approved the Hanover, Bentinck & Brant Agricultural Society’s Strategic Plan 2023-2027 at their Regular Board Meeting on March 15, 2023.
The new strategic plan supports the direction of the Society for the next four years with seven goals, each focusing on areas specific to growth and development of the organization. Through the Strategic Planning process, with consultant Jason Kipfer of Explorer Solutions, the members also solidified the mission, vision and values of the Society.
The seven goals identified in the plan are:
- Increasing HBBAS awareness and community presence
- Developing clear organizational policies and procedures
- Ensuring HBBAS financial sustainability
- Strengthening Board and volunteer recruitment and retention
- Completing the operational transformation of the new Hall
- Increasing community involvement in the Fair
- Establishing the Hanover Raceway as a destination location and experience
President of the HBBAS, Adam Chalmers, remarks, “The contributions of our members have made this plan full of meaning and purpose, and I look forward to seeing it come to life over the coming years.”
The Hanover, Bentinck & Brant Agricultural Society was established in 1864. We are a not-for-profit organization that operates the Hanover Raceway, and proudly presents the Hanover Fair in support of our mission to “support the Agricultural and Horse Racing Communities, by offering programs, facilities, events and sponsorships in a financially sustainable and transparent manner.”